Holistic massage treats the whole person – mind, body and spirit. It is tailored to the individual’s needs and is designed to relax, rebalance and restore homeostasis (equilibrium) in the body and mind. It does this through the way it affects each of the body’s systems by stimulating the lymphatic and circulatory systems and increasing cellular activity. It also stimulates the body’s parasympathetic system (the opposite of the “fight or flight” effect) to help reduce blood pressure, aid digestion and calm the nerves.
At a more direct level, massage will affect the particular area of muscle and connective tissue being worked on to help stimulate local circulation and enhance repair of soft tissue and reduce tension in muscles.
Can massage help you?
Holistic massage is particularly beneficial for stress and anxiety, relaxation, relief of muscular tension, soft tissue injury management and improvement of circulation and range of movement. It can be tailored to target particular muscle groups or gentle massage techniques to help ease chronic pain or calm the nervous system. The use of high quality oils on the skin also help to condition and improve the texture of the skin.
My Holistic Massage Treatments
The following are suggested treatments which target the main areas of stress and postural tension, but they can be adapted as required. I use a range of Swedish and advanced techniques to acheive a highly relaxing but effective treatment. I am pregnancy trained and happy to treat ladies over 12 weeks’ pregnant. I am also oncology trained and qualified to treat clients with cancer or a history of cancer.
- 30 min – Neck, Shoulder, Scalp, Face: This is an ideal massage to target tension and stiffness caused by poor working body alignment or stress, where tension is often held in the shoulder, jaw and facial muscles. I have use advanced techniques designed to help allievete symptoms such as headaches and migraines, TMJ, bruxism (teeth grinding), neck stiffness and facial muscle tension from eye strain, postural tension and stress.
- 30 or 45 min – Back, Neck & Shoulder: This is a good option if you suffer from lower or upper back pain or poor posture. The massage is tailored to where you need it most and can include some deeper work.
- 45 min – Back, Neck, Shoulder, Face & Scalp: All the benefits of the above 2 options in one.
- 60 min – Upper Body Massage: As per above, but also including arms and hands.
- 60 min – Full Body (no face or scalp massage): A relaxing and therapeutic body massage to the back, neck and shouders, arms and legs, This is lovely relaxing treatment and great for when you are looking for an all over massage rather than focussing on one target area
Treatment Ad Ons:
- Add Hot Stones for the ultimate relaxaing massage to penetrate muscles more deeply and encourage increased physiological and therapeutic effects.
- Combine your massage with either Reflexology or Reiki for top to toe relaxation. See my Fusion Treatments page for more details or get in touch to create a totally bespoke treatment.