Cookies are used on this website to make the site easier to use and to track the traffic patterns of visitors. We are operating an ‘implied consent’ policy which means that we assume you are happy with this usage. If you are not happy with this, then you should adjust your web browser settings to disallow cookies.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION – GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
The Purpose of processing Client Data
In order to give professional treatments, I will need to gather and retain potentially sensitive information about your health. I will only use this information for informing treatments and associated recommendations concerning aspects of health and wellbeing which I will offer to you.
Lawful Basis for holding and using Client Information
As a full member of the Federation of Holistic Therapists (FHT) and the Association of Reflexologists (AOR), I abide by their Codes of Practice and Ethics. The lawful basis under which I hold and use your information is my legitimate interests i.e.my requirement to retain the information in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options and advice
As I hold special category data (i.e. health related information), the Additional Condition under which I hold and use this information is: for me to fulfil my role as a health care practitioner bound under FHT and AoR Confidentiality as defined in their Codes of Practice and Ethics.
What information I hold and what I do with it
In order to give professional treatments, I will retain the following information:
- Your contact details (obtained from your consultation form)
- Medical history and other health-related information (obtained from your consultation form)
- Treatment details and related notes (taken after each consultation)
I will NOT share your information with anyone else (other than within my own practice, or as required for legal process) without explaining why it is necessary, and getting your explicit consent.
How Long I Retain Your Information for
I will keep your information for the following periods
- ‘claims occurring’ insurance: (records to be kept for 10 years after last treatment)
- law regarding children’s records (records to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when treated, then 26)
Your data will not be transferred outside the EU without your consent.
Protecting Your Personal Data
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect from you.
I will only contact you using the contact preferences you give me in relation to:
- Appointment times
- Massage and Reflexology information or information related to your health
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed:
To know how your information will be held and used (this notice).
- The right of access:
To see your therapist’s records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification:
To tell your therapist to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”): For you to request your therapist to erase any information they hold about you
- The right to restrict processing of personal data:
You have the right to request limits on how your therapist uses your personal information
- The right to data portability:
under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object:
To be able to tell your therapist you don’t want them to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
Full details of your rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please use the contact details given below.
Therapist’s Name/Identity: SUE MADDEN
Therapist’s Contact Details:
Telephone No: 07904 537662
Email address: CONTACT@SUEMADDENMASSAGE.CO.UK
Data Controller Contact Details: SUE MADDEN
- If you don’t agree to your therapist keeping records of information about you and your treatments, or if you don’t allow them to use the information in the way they need to for treatments, the therapist may not be able to treat you
- Your therapist has to keep your records of treatment for a certain period as described above, which may mean that even if you ask them to erase any details about you, they might have to keep these details until after that period has passed
- Your therapist can move their records between their computers and IT systems, as long as your details are protected from being seen by others without your permission.